Fire Certificates and Licences

Dangerous Substance Licence

You must apply to the appropriate Dangerous Substances Regional Office for a licence if you wish to store flammable liquids and fuels such as petrol, kerosene or diesel for sale or supply to members of the public, commercial businesses or for your own personal use.

Explosive Store Licence

Local authorities, together with the Department of Justice, assess applications to store or display explosives such as ammunition and fireworks, and may grant or refuse a licence based on their assessment.

Public Premises Licence

You must apply to the District Court for a public premises licence if you want to operate a public house, hotel, restaurant or dance hall, or operate gaming or lottery activities and notify your local authority about your application. Local authorities may inspect the premises to advise the Court about licence applications.

Revised Fire Safety Certificate

You must apply to the local authority for a Revised Fire Safety Certificate if you are changing the design or works which may alter your original Fire Safety Certificate.